Thursday, November 26, 2009

23 Things #17

#17 of the 23 Things is: add an entry to the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki. We were supposed to add an entry to the Favorite Blogs page. However, even though I have a PBworks account, I was unable to add this blog to My Workspaces (accessible through my account profile). I have the privilege to add comments to the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki; however, I was unable to obtain the privilege to edit pages. I could not obtain the privilege to create pages, either. The Favorite Blogs page was lasted edited five months ago.

I already know how to edit pages on my own PBworks wiki (a wiki that I use to share political/humor stories with my friends). I have also edited other types of wikis that I tested for the Emerging Technologies committee at work (wikidot.com wikis and wetpaint.com wikis). It really is very simple to figure out. For example, with the PBworks wikis, after you click on a link to view a specific page, there should be an "edit" tab (next to the "view" tab) at the top of the page you are viewing.

I did notice that many of my classmates added a comment to various wiki pages on the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki...however, they were not able to edit a page. The "Recent Activity" sidebar shows that the last time the wiki was edited (not commented upon) was June 11. I added the URL of my blog to the comments section of the Favorite Blogs page.

No comments:

Post a Comment